Jan 16, 2007

Mongolian Chicken



I was slightly in the mood of creating something, enuff with photoshop thingie, maybe cooking? After went through the fridge I found this weird looking mongolian chicken bought from Auchan the other day. The name caught my curiosity instantly. Hmmm..... what sort of chicken would it be? juicier? succulent? fat free? special herb marinated? As soon as I unwrapped the packaging, I was disheartened finding a handful of tiny chopped whole chicken with bones, and I mean w.h.o.l.e including two tiny feet, gizzard, liver.... and head with half closed eyes. Gaaaccckkk!!!

Back in my country, people don't mind bones in their chicken, but usually not chopped to the size of sugar cubes. That small, eh? Perhaps the idea is bite and spit, cut them small enough for one bite and just spit the rest out. Typical chinese though. After getting rid of inedible parts and adding some more decent chicken fillet, I started cooking them. The broth tasted so similar to the strong spices in Sczechuan hotpots. Not too bad at all. Here goes......

No comments: