Jan 10, 2007

This is for my mom!


Pieces of myself from the past. Thank you mom for your unconditional love to make me the way I am today. Take it to the next level, it's not about what I know or don't know, it's about how I should answer to Life.

When I refused to go to school, coz I was afraid of the world outside
You sat through the class with me, in that tiny red wooden bench made for dwarves - cutting colorful papers and singing along with a bunch of midgets. I still can't believe the sort of things you had to put up with.....

When my thirst for stories & adventure was more than bedtime reading
You taught me how to read. I got my own first 255-page book when I was 5 yrs. It was that "Little House on the Prairie"

When I had my first crush
You bought me a diary - that one with 'pacman' pictures, rainbow pages and a lock? Remember, mom?

When you were called to the principle's office one day because of my first crush story.......
You listened to the whole story and thought it was cute ** I was in 2nd grade and just proposed to a boy in my class, Brett, to be my fiance, with a dummy gold ring. Everyone in school knew about it.

When I hated my sister coz she followed everything I did
You told me about sharing and nurturing ** .... and it works mom, I had managed 14 staff. Thank you :-*

When I failed that scholarship for the AFS Student Exchange Program
You still thought I was the best!!! ** Was one of the only 2 candidates left for posting in Japan - just me and him, and all they told me was "Now, it's just how much you are willing to pay your way in, because the other candidate's parents are willing to pay so-and-so" .... remember that, mom?

When I had to choose between school or work
You told me to do what I think is best. You'd be behind me all the way

When I told you I made up my mind to take an overseas job for the first time
You were sad, but still encouraged me to pursue my dreams

From then on I start to live 'away' from you, pursuing my dreams
.... but you're always there, supporting me, waiting for me in our old house so I would always have a HOME to come back to.....


LUV YOU MOM!!!! YOU"RE THE BEST

No comments: